Two of my favorite bloggers, Caroline Barker and Tina Williams , from areadersreviewblog , have honored me with a nomination for The Liebster Award. I have to admit that when I clicked on the link from my email, I did the biggest fangirl squeal ever. I’m easily excitable, what can I say?
My understanding of The Liebster Award is that it is a way to give a virtual ‘heads up‘ to the blogging community about new or unknown blogs that are worth viewing. It is an enormous compliment to have been nominated for this award, and I cannot thank Caroline and Tina enough. This is such a wonderful networking tool for bloggers, and I am very pleased to be a part of it.
Here’s the thing with The Liebster Award, there are rules. (I hate rules, but I do know when to shut-up and follow them.)
So, in order to accept the award, the following rules must be followed:
- I must give eleven facts about myself.
- I must answer eleven questions provided by the blogger who nominated me.
- I must nominate eleven fellow bloggers, with fewer than 200 followers.
- I must provide my nominees with eleven new questions.
Part One: Eleven Useless, Yet Amusing Facts:
- I couldn’t care less about television or movies, but I could not live without music. The playlist that I am currently obsessed with, includes music by: Panic! At the Disco, Nelly, The Gourds, Beastie Boys, Passenger, Trey Songz, Nicki Minaj, Tool, Phosphorescent, Pendulum, Rise Against, Bob Dylan, Grateful Dead, Breaking Benjamin, Janis Joplin, and I’m tired of typing but there are many, many more.
- I once tried to convince my husband that a vodka martini contains the same amount of alcohol as a typical beer. Somewhere around the fourth martini, it turned into a bet. I lost, and I also puked…a lot.
- I have a completely irrational fear of ticks, and although I am generally laid back about things, I can guarantee that I absolutely will spaz out and break into hives if I see a tick. My jackhole hubby thinks it’s funny, but I still love him.
- I love all Looney Tunes, but I think that Daffy Duck is by far the best character. My favorite is the one where Daffy Duck is supposed to be Robin Hood and my second favorite is when Daffy and Bugs Bunny burrow into the cave full of gold, jewels, and the genie in a lamp. So. Freaking. Funny.
- Although I curse like a sailor in my writing, the worst words I have ever said in from of my children is ‘damn‘.
- Beginning with kindergarten and counting all the way through graduate school, I spent over twenty years on an education that I have no professional interest in pursuing.
- I was once offered a job as a cage dancer at a club in Mexico…I was eighteen, it was during our ‘Senior Trip’ after graduating from high school. Damn, I should have taken the job!
- When I was a sophomore in high school, my Dad went to Fort Lauderdale, FL. on a business trip, which wasn’t really unusual. However, this trip was scheduled shortly before the Sadie Hawkins Dance at school. Sadie Hawkins Dances, for those who aren’t familiar, have a particular set of traditions. First of all, the girl is responsible for asking the guy out and paying for the date. Secondly, the couple wears matching shirts, which the girl provides. So, I asked my Dad to pick up matching tee-shirts from some place really cool while he was in Fort Lauderdale. He brought me shirts from a local restaurant that would soon become very famous. Any guesses? Well, my date and I proudly (yet unknowingly) sported tee-shirts from the original Hooter’s. Thanks Dad.
- I have always wanted to dye my hair green.
- I had some really beautiful Christmas cards printed up, with a wonderful portrait of my children on them, and I forgot to mail them. I’ve decided to send them out in July, just to screw with my family and friends.
- I hate rules.
Part Two: Eleven Questions from A Readers Review Blog:
1. What inspired you to begin a blog?
Initially, I started this blog as a way of self-promoting, which I absolutely abhor. Self-gratification, okay. Self-publication, sure. Self-promotion, yeesh. Anyway, in an effort to help some fellow writers, I started a feature to promote indie authors and their works. It’s funny, I hate self promoting, but for some reason, I love to promote others.
2. What is your favourite book genre?
It really depends on my mood. I love Urban Fantasy, but sometimes I want more sexual tension and romance, so I will read Paranormal Romance. Though I have to admit, I have gotten of tired of the typical male characters in Paranormal Romances, so I recently started reading some Contemporary Romance.
3. Where is your favourite place in the world?
An uncrowded bar on a beach in the Caribbean. Yes, that is freakishly specific.
4. If you could be an animal, which animal would you be?
What the hell? Oh wait, I know…a manta ray.
5. Which animal scares you the most?
Any kind of shark
6. Which musical instrument would you love to play?
7. Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings?
Harry Potter, no freaking question.
8. Who is your most favourite author?
That is really tough, damn you. Well, I guess I’ll go with Anne Rice.
9. What is your favourite meal?
10. If you could be a tv/film comedy character of your choice, who would you be?
Chevy Chase back when he was all coked up.
11. If you were to write a book, which genre would best describe it?
Well, that’s easy enough. Paranormal Romantic Comedy, *wink,wink*
Part Three: My Eleven Nominees:
Okay, some of you people have no clue who I am and are probably wondering why I have nominated you for this award. Don’t freak out on me, I’m not internet stalking you or anything. In all honesty, I just wanted to make sure that I found some very worthy blogs, so I got in touch with my (sometimes) inner nerd and did a bit of research.
- Irving’s Journey
- New in NOLA
- Just Sotia
- Donna Hawk
- This Morning I Woke Up Dead
- Philly Book Blog
- Inspiration to Epilogue
- Divas Book Blog
- Deb Deb Reviews
Part Four: Eleven Questions for My Nominees:
- If you had to pick one song to be your personal theme song, what would it be?
- If you could pick one person to beat the crap out of, who would you choose and why?
- If you could give one person a non-sexual hug, who would it be and why?
- If you could create the perfect ice cream sundae, what ice cream and toppings would you use?
- What is the funniest movie you have ever seen?
- If you were a character from the Outsiders, who would you be and why?
- Do you prefer to pull the toilet paper from over the roll or under the roll?
- What is the last book that you read and what was your opinion, in one word?
- How do you take your coffee or tea?
- Boxers or briefs?
- What is the best vacation/holiday that you have ever taken?
Thanks again to areadersreviewblog for the nomination and I hope those of you who I’ve nominated will participate and enjoy this as much as I have!